Thursday, December 6, 2007

Brunch @ Wildflower

Last Saturday, Patty and I went to Wildflower for brunch.

Instead of ordering one of our usuals (Honey-cured Ham & Brie Frittata, Banana Walnut Pancakes, and Cinnamon Raisin Nut French Toast), we decided to try something different and got the Hazelnut Gingerbread Pancakes (a new seasonal item) and a Taylor Ham and Egg Sandwich.

The pancakes were just ok for me. I thought the embedded chocolate chips made them a bit too heavy. I'll stick w/ the Banana Walnut Pancakes next time. I take that back - I still haven't tried their Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, so that's probably what I'll order next time.
Wildflower - Hazelnut and Gingerbread Pancakes
The sandwich was also just ok for me. Consisting of ham, egg, and cheese on a ciabatta roll, it seemed kind of flat or plain to me. It was missing something...maybe a slice of tomato or some avocado - definitely not in the same league as LGO's super tasty Commuter. I guess I can't complain much since the Commuter is about 60% more expensive than the Ham & Egg ($4.19 vs. 6.75).
Wildflower - Taylor Ham & Egg Sandwich

No comments: