Friday, July 18, 2008

Stacy's Smokehouse BBQ

I drove one of my co-workers to the airport this afternoon. On my way back, I decided to stop at Stacy's Smokehouse for lunch. Unlike fellow blogger Tim, I did end up passing the place and had to circle back to it (it's on the north side of Indian School Rd, just west of 51 ).

The place isn't much to look at (view from the parking lot in the back):
Stacy's Smokehouse - exterior view from parking lot
Here's the inside (again, not much to look at but at least it's clean!):
Stacy's Smokehouse - interior
Looks rather empty but 4 of the 5 tables were occupied (at around 1:30pm)...

I ordered a small BBQ pork sandwich ($4.50) and small sweet fries ($1.50). Waited about ten minutes for the food to come out. Here it is:
Stacy's Smokehouse - small bbq pork sandwich and small sweet fries
The sandwich was fantastic! The pork was moist, not full of fat, and had good smoky flavor. The sauce was great as well.

The sweet fries were thin planks of fried sweet potato w/ cinnamon sprinkled on top. They were good, but a bit too oily.

They had three desserts on the counter, including a very tempting red velvet cake, but I was too stuffed.

I'm still on the hunt for decent BBQ in this city (even after 11 years of living here). My criteria - the place must have excellent pulled pork sandwiches and ribs. Stacy's is definitely in the running so far!


Places mentioned:

Stacy's Smokehouse
1650 E. Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016

2 comments:

Yankee1969 said...

Glad you finally made it. The meats are the stars. Sides, hit or miss. The ribs are great, though. Just bring an appetite. :)

Have you made it out to Joe's BBQ in Gilbert yet? I realize it's a day trip for you, but they've got some really good stuff there. Great sauce.

Andy said...

I think I tried Joe's BBQ back when I used to live in Chandler (and that would have been at least 6 years ago).

A day trip to Joe's BBQ (and Farm Grill) sounds like a great idea.