Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lee Lee is open!

Woo Hoo!!!
Lee Lee (in Peoria) opened today!
Can you tell I'm excited?!?

For those of you who don't know what Lee Lee is...it's an Asian supermarket. When I used to live in Chandler, I used to go there all the time.

We stopped by on the way home from work.

It seems like an instant hit! The place was packed! I guess there were a bunch of people, like us, waiting for it to open. I think a good portion of the Vietnamese population was at the store today. The majority of the customers were Vietnamese. The Chandler store seems to have a more diverse customer base.

We finally have a good Asian grocery store in the West Valley.
Lam's (67th Ave/Indian School) is kind of grimy and in a scary part of town. Asiana (43rd Ave/Union Hills) is decent but has mostly Korean items.

As it's on our way home, I think we'll be stopping at Lee Lee pretty often.

No comments: