Thursday, January 17, 2008

Appetites Barbeque

I had lunch today at Appetites Barbecue. It's a small family owned barbecue restaurant that just opened less than two months ago, near our house. This was my first time there. I had a pulled pork sandwich w/ a side of fries ($6.75).

Everything was great. The sandwich was very good - definitely one of the better ones I've had. The pulled pork was tender and had a nice smoky flavor. The sauce was really tasty - not too sweet, a bit tangy and smoky, and a touch of spice. I heard another customer tell the owner it was the "real deal". The steak fries were crispy and nicely seasoned.

Appetites Barbeque - pulled pork sandwich w/ fries
From this first visit, it seems like a great addition to the area. I'll be back soon to try their ribs!

No comments: