Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another car update

Got a call from the dealer at 5:40pm saying that my car would be done today. It was too late too make it out there before they closed today and I'm leaving for Seattle early tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to pick it up my car until next Tuesday.

The service adviser also mentioned that they installed a new windshield. (what the heck?)
He explained that while they were using a tool during the repair, they accidentally cracked the windshield. The guy sounded so chipper while he was telling me I had a "new windshield...paid for by us". Woo hoo! I'm thrilled. Actually, quite the opposite -a replaced windshield means they had to break the original factory seal, which can lead to all kinds of problems if not done correctly. Oh well...can't do much about it.

1 comment:

Yankee1969 said...

Wow. That sucks. I'd love to know the real story of how it broke. How does work on the transmission or electronics lead to a cracked windshield? Enjoy Seattle.