Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tortas Paquime

I went to Tortas Paquime for lunch today. They recently opened a new location just a few miles from our house.
Tortas Paquime - exterior
This was my first visit to the store. I was prepared to break out my marginal Spanish skills (as their website is completely in Spanish), but was somewhat relieved when I saw both Spanish and English descriptions on their menu board.

As the name suggests, they specialize in tortas, but also offer a bunch of other items (ice cream/popsicles, pastries, juices/drinks, etc.).

I ordered a carne asada (beef) torta and an agua de mango (mango drink).
Tortas Paquime - carne asada torta
The torta was great. It was a grilled bun loaded w/ cubed grilled beef, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, and avocado. The beef had good flavor and the other fillings were all fresh. The (homemade) bun was fantastic...

The mango drink was also great - not too sweet w/ tiny bits of mango.

Part way through my meal, the owner came by and asked if everything was ok. Something you don't see at most fast food places...

I'll be taking Patty there soon so I can try more of their food! (and maybe an ice cream and pastry... =)

No comments: